Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 279...

My Little Audrey,

As I sit at the kitchen table eating breakfast with the warm sun beating down, watching the hummingbirds fly by, I realize there is silence in our home. A silence that in time will be broken with cries, laughter and little words.

I am having a hard time lately. All I want to do is meet you, hold you in my arms, kiss your forehead good night and feed you. To soothe your cries and read you hundreds of books. You truly are running out of room inside of me and I feel you would be much more comfortable in my and Daddy's arms. 

This time with you in my belly has been the most amazing time. You and I have done so much together already and it's only just begun. More adventures are in the coming days, months and years of your life. 

You were truly an amazing little daughter to carry. I only got sick one time, I gained the correct amount of weight, my feet didn't get huge and I didn't retain much water. The only issue I am having at 279 days is my right hand seems to be going numb. The doctors said this is normal because you are laying on some nerve on my left side. You see little girl you love the left side of me. It's your favorite place to be. Sometimes you wedge your entire body on the left side and then panic because you get stuck. I just roll over and try to help you move your little bum back to the middle. 

Your Grandma Gerri thinks that you'll show up on your due date August 28th, 2014. She believes this because your Great Grandma Audrey was always on time. If you don't show up tomorrow it's ok. You'll learn to be on time as you grow older. 

You see Miss Audrey Marie you are named after two very important women.  

Your Great Grandma Audrey was the matriarch of her family. She had 5 wonderful children and raised them to be wonderful adults. You will see this as you grow up in this family. We all love and care for everyone. We treat all as equal and do our best in each community that we live in. She was a wonderful wife to Great Grandpa Bernie, loved him and cared for him. She was an amazing Grandma to all of us Grandchildren. She taught us to play games and sing songs. We all loved our days with Grandma & Grandpa they made each one of us seem so special to them and we always felt their love.

Your Great Great Grandma Marie was born in Austria and came to the U.S. on a ship with her parents, eventually settling down in the small town of South St. Paul. That's right, you live in South St. Paul. She raised 4 beautiful children in this town. All graduated from South St. Paul High School. Your Great Great Grandma was an amazing baker. She made the best streusal and donuts. She was 96 years old when she passed away. One of her best qualities that I can remember as a little girl was how sweet and kind she was. 

As each hummingbird flies to the window to feed I see a piece of Great Great Grandma Marie and Great Grandma Audrey. For these little birds remind me of each of them. So peaceful and calm. Able to fly in each direction so quickly bringing a smile to many faces. You will soon love the hummingbirds in our yard.

I do realize Audrey that I need to calm down, relax and take these last days of silence with just that. Silence. I know you'll be coming soon.

I love you so much! 

Thank you for being the most wonderful Daughter.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. You certainly know how to make me cry! Be patient my friend, she will be here before you know it! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete